The latest technical newsletter is now available at Meta. Below is the English version.
You can help write the next newsletter: whenever you see information about Wikimedia technology that you think should be distributed more broadly, you can add it to the next newsletter.
More information on how to contribute is available at Tech/News#contribute. You can also contact me directly.
As always, feedback (on- or off-list) is appreciated and encouraged.
Deutsch • English • français • polski • português do Brasil • suomi • svenska • čeština • русский • українська • עברית • العربية • 中文 • 日本語
- The mobile web will get more advanced editing tools. Seven more Wikipedias can use them now. This works for Arabic, Indonesian, Italian, Persian, Japanese, Spanish and Thai Wikipedia. You can try the tools on the mobile web and give feedback. 
Changes later this week
- The abuse filter system user will soon do maintenance edits on broken abuse filters. This user is called
Abuse filterand has administrator rights. This is meant to fix technical problems. It will not do any other changes. You can read more.
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 16 July. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 17 July. It will be on all wikis from 18 July (calendar).
- You can join the technical advice meeting on IRC. During the meeting, volunteer developers can ask for advice. The meeting will be on 17 July at 15:00 (UTC). See how to join.
- The Wikipedia app for Android will invite users to add image captions to images on Commons. It will only invite users who have added a number of edits in the app without being reverted. This is to avoid spam and bad edits. You can read more and leave feedback.